Wednesday, July 1, 2009

If I was an evil overlord...

... I would follow this list here: http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

Seriously, as a gamer, it is a good thing I am a player, and not a DM. When I make villains, I tend to make them very, very nasty.

But perhaps it is this gaming side of my life that has left me somewhat callous towards the real evil overlords in life. Early on in the #iranelection craziness that happened on Twitter, I saw one tweet from a protester in Iran, asking if this day could get any worse, as people were getting beaten with clubs in the streets. My first thought was immediately, yes, it could get a lot worse.

Maybe its the fact that I'm a gamer, or maybe its because my dad is a history teacher, and taught me some of the things that people have done to eachother in war, but I can come up with a lot worse ways that the days following the election could have gone. Here's a hint, more than a few of them involve machine guns, instead of batons.

Is what happened to the protesters horrible? Of course. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But it is by no means the worst that could have happened.

I just pray that I never have to see the scenes my imagination can cook up unfold in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment